1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Don't ask, don't tell"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Feb 2, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

How is your head?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Clinton legacy not looking too good at this point.

1 'Don't Ask Don't Tell
    2 Lied under oath
    3 War on Drugs that put thousands of Young African American fathers in jail
    4 Repeal of Glass Stegall
    5 Commodities Moderization Act
    6 Failure to take out Bin Laden

3. "Is JR really equating people who fight to keep some semblence of morals and values in the American way of life to the mafia?"

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Take it to the frozen board.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Brrrrrrrrrr! Brrrrrrrrrr!

All I can say is that I'm so glad that our fine publication has seen fit to leave the comments on for this breaking news story. It's so nice to see folks crawling out from under their rocks and get a little sun.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Great live coverage of hearing today on Sirius/XM POTUS network.
    Time to fix this once and for all.
    Either do or don't (and military knows it will never get away with "don't") let homosexuals serve.
    Senator McCaskill said today that with regard to making a decision on whether to repeal, it might be a good idea to get some ideas from gays in the military.
    Trouble is, she said, the military forbids them to speak about it.
    You tell 'em, senator.
    "Don't ask, don't tell" is homophobia in it's truest form.
    Get over it, military. There's gays and lesbians in the world, and some of them are interested in serving in the military.

7. Boom_70

Be ironic if Obama is able to get rid off an unfavored Clinton policy before he gets rid of a Bush one.

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

100 years from now when all of us who lived it are gone, Clinton's eight years will look a hell of a lot better than Bush's.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Kind of the way we're all in agreement that Cleveland was a heck of a better president than McKinley?

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Speaking of ...
    I'm not a big fan of Maureen Dowd, but I did enjoy this column about Ted Olson, the uber conservative lawyer now fighting Prop 8 defenders. His quote:
    “We’re going to explain why allowing same-sex couples to have that same right that the rest of us have is not going to hurt heterosexual marriages. It has no point at all except some people don’t want to recognize gays and lesbians as normal, as human beings.”

And his co-counsel's quote:
    "You can be a child molester and get married. You can be a wife beater and get married. You can be a child-support scofflaw and get married. The importance of that emotional relationship is so vital to the pursuit of happiness that even prison felons, who aren’t really procreating, have a right to get married.”

Some day our kids are going to look back at DADT and the ban on gays getting married and think we were nuts. Another quote from the column: "It’s like explaining to my daughter that there was a time when women didn’t have the right to vote and couldn’t own property."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/17/opinion/17dowd.html

11. Boom_70

Hopefully his co council has better luck with the Supreme Court on this one than he did trying to get Al Gore some Florida votes.

I wonder if Olsen took on a different view of life after his wife was killed.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Some of them are serving and doing a pretty good job.

Draft saved Draft deleted