1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donovan McNabb (crybaby) and De La Hoya (robbed?) **VIDEO**

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, May 11, 2007.

?

Years after Rush's comments on ESPN how do you veiw McNabb now as a QB?

1. He is one of the best ever! Montana who?

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. One of the elite QB's in the league

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Rush was right! He is pretty good but not that great

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Below average

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. He sucks! This guys always gets hurt, crys about eveything & ruins teams!

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Which is why any argument about De La Hoya being robbed is moot for me.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think Mayweather controlled the fight until the later rounds when De La Hoya got tired. Oscar was clearly the aggressor throughout, unlike in the Trinidad fight where he thought he had enough rounds in the bank then danced away the rest of the fight.

I don't think this can be described as "Oscar's fault." He tried to press the fight as much as he could, eventually tired and Mayweather picked up enough late rounds to win the fight.

I scored it 115-113 De La Hoya, but that was largely because I gave some of the close early rounds to De La Hoya under the reasoning that A) He pressed the action and B) Mayweather didn't do enough in those close rounds to earn them against the champion. I'm not, however, suprised Mayweather won, and I don't think it was an unjust decision. I just disagreed with the third judge on one or two of the early rounds.

Very good fight, though, overall.

Oh, and it's great to know that site traffic is up because JDV is posting. ::)

3. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

That is a valid take.

However, I thought ODL pressed the whole fight and landed the much harder shots which had more of an effect on PBF. I have a hard time giving a fight to a guy who is the challanger for the belt who runs and slaps all fight.

That's my take.

4. The argument can be made for either fighter. But when the topic of "worst boxing decisions" is brought up, this doesn't crack the top 1000.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Don't argue with the expert (name the topic)!

6. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Once again, JVD, you forgot the “Who gives a fuck?” option in your poll.

7. John D. Villarreal

Well, seems like your learning - lol. I am an expert in many areas (usually the ones I talk about bc that is what I am interested in).

Good to learn. Can't fault you for that.

8. John D. Villarreal

WOW!

This poll says it all. Look's like McNabb is not that great & ESPN (more specifically Boom & TJ) have egg on their face!!

The SJ world is weighing in on this hot topic!

JDV

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I wonder what would happen if JDV had Mad Dog Russo as a co-host?

10. John D. Villarreal

Nitro + Glycerin??

Perhaps makes for sh@@ radio or perhaps creates broadcast gold. Only one way to find out.

JDV has many gears and can work with almost anyone as he makes adjustments to up the entertainment factor.

I like how you're thinking PY!

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

McNabb, much like the Rutgers players, has been 'scarred for life.' Only instead of Imus, T.O. did the scarring. I can't believe he came out publicly with this whinage.

12. John D. Villarreal

Ha ha ha ESPN is probably trying to spike this poll!!

I love it & TOLD you guys they read my stuff (did anyone seriously doubt that). I just PM'd someone I know works @ the WWL and told them about this thread/poll and how it may impact ESPN.

That was hmm...10 minutes ago and all of the sudden BANG two new votes for McNabb being an elite QB!

Yes, VERY interesting. Sucks to be owned by the corporate suits (err Boom) somedays doesn't it?

The thing is I don't know how ANYONE can in good conscience vote for those top two choices as McNabb has done little in years on his own & frankly isn't even healthy enough to warrant anything CLOSE to that consideration.

How can a guy be an elite QB in the NFL WHEN HE DOESN'T PLAY!!

It just shows you how far some will go to cover/promote their agenda!!

How sad is that?

Can't hide the truth guys, McNabb is NOT the horse to ride - LOL

Seems like the Eagles know that, how about you?

John

Draft saved Draft deleted