1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donovan McNabb (crybaby) and De La Hoya (robbed?) **VIDEO**

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, May 11, 2007.

?

Years after Rush's comments on ESPN how do you veiw McNabb now as a QB?

1. He is one of the best ever! Montana who?

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. One of the elite QB's in the league

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Rush was right! He is pretty good but not that great

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Below average

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. He sucks! This guys always gets hurt, crys about eveything & ruins teams!

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Ok, whatever - like I said I don't care much but I think it tweaks the board a bit in organization.

Also, let's ease up on the bias and sanctimony here FH. You make distinctions of no logical difference, but act like there is some principal behind it - lol.

You need to be fair as a moderator. Witlock, Bruh, and countless others here have egos AT LEAST as large as mine (I just have fun and play up my persona mostly to amuse the SJ peeps (and myself) who love to hate me. You don't find me begging to be on Oprah or flying out & erecting a tent in front of court steps to get air time) who all link their articles on threads here all the time. Nor, do I hate on Witlock for doing it. He's smart.

How many other's link other SJ articles here to discuss - uh everybody!

Would that be a discussion of a discussion??

Man, you kill me - what a clowny thing to say which meant nothing!

Look man, I am a cool dude - but you obviously have something against me and my brother & attempts to justify that cloaked in BS logic that has more holes than swiss cheese just makes you look bad not me.

You may hate me reminding you, but I am an elite lawyer, ok. When I see BS logic I will shred it like confetti in seconds & that is CERTAINLY BS logic.

The point is - you want to make fun of me, go for it! But, when it impacts your decisions as an official moderator that reflects poorly on you and this board.

The bottom line is that was a 100% legit thread on S&N. You may not like me but I have total credentials to be here posting.

Moreover, in case you haven't noticed I promote SportsJournalists.com in other venues (why do you think traffic on the site is up). Rok and I bring not only great opinions, info, and entertainment here but we also increase views a LOT (check our thread counts) and that means $ to the owners of the site.

Thus, I would suggest you rethink your "policies" regarding us as I know for a fact I am not the only one that finds your moderating ..uh..questionable.

Thanks,

John D. Villarreal

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

"ELITE LAWYER" and "COOL DUDE"

[​IMG]

3. Oh yeah, Webby, Moddy and the rest will soon be retiring to some Caribbean paradise with all the cash they're making off this site. ::)

4. John D. Villarreal

There is a lot of truth to that F of F. Shades of Trinidad.

ODL should have done like he did in Rd's 12 & 2 all fight and he would have won likely by TKO. He needed to make it a brawl & just beat PBF up.

5. John D. Villarreal

Ha ha, let's not go that far. The point is that Rok and I are "good citizens" of this site in almost every measureable way, particularly the ones that count ;).

Whatever, I don't need any medals here - the point is FH was wrong again & we all know it.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

Speaking of logic:

TOTAL PUNCHES THROWN: De La Hoya, 587. Mayweather, 481.

TOTAL PUNCHES CONNECTED: De La Hoya, 122. Mayweather 207.

PERCENTAGE: De La Hoya, 21%. Mayweather, 43%.

Ergo, I'd rather be Mayweather.

7. Exactly. He knew Mayweather couldn't hurt him, and yet he let Mayweather control the fight.

8. John D. Villarreal

Doesn't measure power of shots. Who would you rather be punched by Tyson or PBF?

Also, I don't thnk Compubox was picking up many of ODL's bodyshots.

9. John D. Villarreal

Ragu,

You certainly are a one trick pony. Can't use the new video of me can you as I am in much better shape. Guess what? I don't care that you post that (I know that will come as a SHOCK to FH since he thinks my ego is SOOO big).

It's like duh I put it up on You Tube for the world to see.

You see dude, I was still pulling lots of hot women and I know I can't get in shape whenever. At that point I had a lot of work & injuries to deal with so, yeah at my age if you don't stay on top of it you slide back a bit. But, I am ok with that. I have my priorities & am not that vain.

My point is that (like the rest of the haters) it exposes you as weak and only able to take shots (as opposed to contribute real thought or entertainment) with your one trick.

Like Rok said to me last night. I can't believe you are older than us & certainly can't believe you went to Cornell bc it sure doesn't show in this forum.

Anyway, like I said soon there will be the JDV shirtless video and you can see what's up.

Man you kill me

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, yeah. There is that.

11. John D. Villarreal

I think ODL controlled and made the fight (but I see your point in that he allowed PBF to fight more of his fight), but you are correct that ODL did not press his advantage and should have walked through PBF and just beat him up as ODL was in no danger.

This needed to be a street fight for ODL and he kinda flip-flopped between styles

12. John D. Villarreal

On the poll above.

Is this the year that McNabb crumbles and is exposed?

If so what does that mean for ESPN, Boom, TJ, and the crew?

Do you think Rush will let them get away scott free when the wheel's fall off that wagon?

Oh hell no!!

Draft saved Draft deleted