1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donovan Going Back to Florida?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writer200707, Jun 3, 2007.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Sure, he'll be welcomed back. But there will be some residual mess from this that will be very difficult to shake.

Does Billy's "intrigue" with the NBA just go away? Not in the minds of people who will be recruiting against him.

2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Regardless of how this turns out, Donovan has put himself in a very bad position.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Billy Cremins I think I'll call him.

Cripes. And those who know me know exactly why I'm saying that.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I just won't believe this until I see someone cite a source. Should we expect that within the next hour? It's getting a little late in the day at this point.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

My favorite line:
    He was forced to make a rash decision? Give me a break.

6. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Orlando Sentinel has now picked up the foxsports scoop

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-bk-billydonovan060307,0,5225925.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

7. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

AP just picked up the FoxSports story and moved an updated Florida search story.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And spinning has a point - it is the ONLY thing that explains that quick plane trip. Why the hell do you fly there and not see the guy? You can call him from Gainesville.

9. HeinekenMan

I see that the Sentinel quoted a kid from Lake Howell who was on his way to VCU. Two other Lake Howell kids were set to play for Donovan in the fall. So I'll bet their phones were ringing tonight.

It'll be interesting to see what prompted this. It will take some explaining to convince folks that he wasn't just using the Magic as a bargaining chip to up the ante in Gatorland.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Un...fucking...believeable.

Rash decision my ass. If you are not sure about taking a job, conventional wisdom says don't take it. He signed that contract, and if I'm Pat Williams, I wouldn't let him out of that contract. I'll sue his ass if he tries to waffle out of this.

What is up with college coaches waffling between jobs? Altman knew that he didn't want to leave Creighton, but took, what is to me, a 10-day window look at Arkansas and he bolted back to Omaha in 24 hours.

Andy Katz, nice try buddy, but Goodman scooped you fair and square.

11. HeinekenMan

Maybe the Magic can trade him back in exchange for a college degree for Dwight Howard.

12. HeinekenMan

In fairness to Katz, he might have the same story. It's possible that he was working toward conformation but decided to report what he had when Goodman beat him to the punch.

Draft saved Draft deleted