1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D'Onfrio, Erbe and Bogosian leaving Criminal Intent

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Small Town Guy, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I know Law and Order: Criminal Intent is most people's least-favorite L&O show, but it's long been my favorite. But maybe not after this season.

No more Goren, Eames or Ross! They'll all be gone this season.

Apparently Jeff Goldblum's character will be the lone big star, no more alternating. I love Goldblum's character, but the show needs Goren. And D'Onfrio is apparently leaving in the season premiere.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/law-and-order-casting-intent--623

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/09/25/its-official-vincent-d’onofrio-to-exit-law-order-ci/

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Umm, whut?

Goren's the best character on ANY of the L&Os these days.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Erbe's the best thing on that show. I might still watch it - but it seems pretty clear NBC is gutting budgets and forcing actors to work for less or leave.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, that makes sense, get rid of the pair that has been the foundation of the show, along with an excellent boss character. And here I thought letting Courtney B. Vance leave and hiring Alicia Witt were the show's worst moves.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know what this means - if it means anything - but it does seem like NBC prefers to "create their own" stars than hire established actors for their series. I can't think of any show on their network anchored by someone who came in with much of a reputation outside of NBC. Goldblum is basically burning off the contract he got from NBC from a show that got yanked after about 10 episodes.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It's not an NBC show, unless they are still paying for it. It's on USA Network now.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Still in the NBC/GE family

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Egads, the reasoning behind the changes is the worst part. They want to "lighten" the show to fit with Monk, Psych and the rest of the USA lineup. The characters being written out are too serious for that.

9. Mariska Hargitay is the ONLY reason to watch any of the Law and Orders. WORSHIP

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Damn right. Guy's a kook in real life, but a great, great actor (anyone see "The Salton Sea"?) Goren is the second-best character on all of TV, right behind Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Monk is done after this season. I can't figure out what the reasoning is.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Totally agreed.

WOW

Draft saved Draft deleted