1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump takes the stunner!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Apr 1, 2007.

1. The Stunner? Would've been much better had Trump taken the Shocker :eek:

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And here I thought no one would have their head shaved, in the April Fools' spirit. Glad to hear that wasn't the case.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yawn: Wrestling's target audience.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wow, there were more people at Wrestlemania than there people watching baseball's opener last night.

*runs away*

5. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

This should be added to the SportsJournalists.com lexicon.

Where you going?
    TO GET A FUCKING HAIRCUT!
    Why?

BECAUSE IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You mean Wrestlemania or that you made it past nine?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I was tempted to throw this on our entertainment page last night. Slot said no. Dammit.

(And, POO, like you I was an 8-year-old glued to Wrestlemania III. We had Wrestlemania PPV gatherings at my cousin's place the first couple years.)

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The show was solid last night...until Cena inexplicably made yet another superior worker tap out to the STFU.

Anyone else (that watches, of course) think HBK carried that match?

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That made me laugh out loud.

I used to save up my allowances to get the PPVs of Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble and all that stuff. I watched it every Saturday morning when they'd have Brutus' Barber Shop. I loved Hacksaw Jim Duggan and George 'The Animal' Steele.

I think I still have a Wrestlemania or two on VHS somewhere. My parents hated it, because I commandeered the TV, with the VCR running, basically bouncing off the walls. Fantabulous.

And that was when I was still in Ohio, thank you for all who were about to make Kentucky jokes.

10. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Without question, Michaels carried the match. Even in defeat, this was one of HBK's best performances ever. He probably doesn't have much mileage left, but Michaels showed why he is one of the best in the biz.

Word is that Cena has become a favorite of McMahon and has become a target in the locker room for it. That probably explains why he still has the belt. I told my nephew that last night; his reply: "Why? Vince doesn't have any more daughters."

The best part of last night was having 80 people in the part yelling "Fuck You Cena" as he entered the ring.

Lillian Garcia....yum....

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

BYH must have a crush on me. See what you pro-gay SportsJournalists.commers do to people? Back off pud. I don't bat that way and quit obsessing over me.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

A couple of questions I had from last night:

1. Did anyone else see the fan that jumped into the ring right before the Cena-HBK match? At first I thought it was part of the script, until the camera did nothing but closeups for about five minutes.

2. So were Edge and Jeff Hardy fake hurt, or really hurt after Hardy slammed Edge through the ladder? You never know if some guy being strapped to a board and rushed out of the arena is part of the act or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted