1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've already seen that. More than once. Sure didn't take long.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Trump had deferments that kept him out of Vietnam.

First, because he was a college student, then because of a bad foot.

I find the whole thing fascinating.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The foot couldn't have been that bad. After all, he's been able to fit it in his mouth.

Webster and HC like this.
  4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I thought he was a C-3 for having his cranium around his cecum.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Bash John McCain's war record, 2015: "Hey, that's crossing the line."

Bash John Kerry's war record, 2004: "I would like to structure my party's convention around your ideas."

Baron Scicluna and heyabbott like this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not really, if you listen to talk radio at all. There's a real schism in the Republican party between "conservatives" and the "establishment."
    Conservatives are more of the Tea Party types, a new breed that wants the party to get back to Constitutional and traditional principles. These are your Cruzes, your Rubios, your Jindals, folks like that. This branch has the backing of several influential talk show hosts -- Limbaugh, Hannity and Mark Levin, to name three, and has an audience.

The Establishment is the old guard that has essentially turned into Democrat Party Light in what it perceives as a necessary bid to appeal to black and Latino voters (who probably would never vote for them if they gave each one a million dollars tax free, but that's besides the point). These are people in high leadership positions within the party like McCain and John Boehner. Within the last year or two, they've fumbled numerous opportunities to effectively fight some of Obama's initiatives (Obamacare) or outright caved on items (the treaty power/Iran deal) that have exponentially increased the power of the presidency.
    McCain, who got trounced in 2008 in part because he ran a really shitty campaign -- and in part because he had the misfortune of being the sacrificial lamb for Obama -- has become a poster boy for this side of the party.

The Conservatives, basically, are sick of the Establishment being wimps. They're tired of seeing opportunities to slow this freight train get pissed away by the party's ineffective leadership, and of the president's power being increased to monarchy levels on some issues.
    Right now, I think they're still on the same page in regards to winning back the presidency. But there's a real divide there that's going to fracture sooner or later, in some form or another. Either the new breed Conservatives will start taking over and shift things one way, the Establishment will manage to hang on and keep things going the way they are, or the party will outright split down the middle.
    Much like throwing the football, three things can happen and two of them are bad.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So does any news organization have the guts to call Trump out using the term 'Swift Boat'? Big C is absolutely right.

Trump is Swift Boating McCain and the GOP is bitching like a 13 year old having a period

BDC99 likes this.
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nothing like a split party to ensure a victory for you opponent.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ross Perot called. He says hi.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kodos is just drooling over the possibilities.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's Jeb's Turn™.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.