1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

But who listens to him?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Small potatoes.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, I understand he's a stunnng self-promotor. But it remains amazing that Newt would give him the time of day, and the associated credibility, for what that's worth.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yes?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Both parties have their constituencies that need to be acknowledged, the family values folks, African-American voters...
    The key photo op for the Dems used to be a shot with Ted Kennedy.

But Trump surprises me. No doubt his willingness to dump on anyone and his ability to get a TV camera in front of his face makes a big difference. I don't really think he has much sway in GOP politics, but he does know a lot of rich people so maybe that's the draw. And maybe it's easier to explain going to New York to the Tea Party crowd by saying you are meeting with Trump than by meeting with Wall Streeters. Or maybe its just a chance to get some free TV time.
    Candidates have met richer people outside of New York and it never makes it on TV.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trump isn't a Wall Street guy and he's not some oracle of finance. My understanding is that he has very little of his money in anything except his real estate.

He's a standard issue crazy real estate tycoon, albiet one with an excellent sense of how to play the PR game.

The takedown of him by Obama at the Correspondent's dinner was pretty clinical.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The same idiots who lap up and repeat verbatim every other howler monkey talking point that gets force-fed to them on a daily basis. The kind of people who claim that pepper spray is a vegetable, for example.

The messenger doesn't matter, even if he does have criminal hair.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah that was the political equivalent of a WWE squash.

I don't know why anyone down there takes Trump seriously. He has never helped elect anyone President - including himself. And even if he does know a lot of rich people you figure at least some of them would be smart enough to see through his bullshit and know that he is one of the ultimate "all hat, no cattle" guys.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Does anyone anywhere still think Donald Trump has (real) money?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You're talking about the NYC media, right?

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Does one clown have more credibility than another clown to guide other clowns?

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

As long as he can continue to attend Yankee games on the cuff, how bad off can he be . . .

Mentioning that . . . is there any more negative indicator of the calibre of an individual than getting a lot of camera time at Yankee games as America's Guest? . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.