1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The idea of Presidential candidates traveling to New York to kiss The Donald's ring is pretty silly.

Chris Matthews is losing his mind over it right now, joined by Howard Fineman among others.

But, why did I never hear people laugh at the idea of Democratic candidates going to Al Sharpton's National Action Network to kiss his ring.

And now, Al is Chris' colleague on MSNBC.

Does Al have more credibility than The Donald?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We can play this game - Why did I never hear people laugh at the idea of GOP candidates going to Pat Robertson's 700 Club to kiss his ring? - all night.

Instead, let's all agree with Ron Paul that attending a debate moderated by Trump and hosted by the conspiracy kooks at NewsMax is beneath the office of the president and no serious candidate should attend.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's horrible, but as you said, Democrats have been doing it to Jesse Jackson and Sharpton for ages.

That still doesn't make it OK.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

December 5, 2011 4:40 PM Gingrich Kisses Donald Trump's Ring
    By Sarah Huisenga NEW YORK -- Republican presidential contender Newt Gingrich paid a courtesy call on Monday to real estate magnate Donald Trump in what has become an obligatory stop for some GOP hopefuls in 2012. He called Trump "a genuine American icon."

After their late-morning meeting, Gingrich said he and Trump discussed ways of creating jobs for poor children, an issue that got the candidate in hot water last week when he suggested that poor kids have no working role models except those that are "illegal." Gingrich said he asked Trump, the host of the reality show The Apprentice, to offer apprenticeships to 10 children in the poorest New York City schools.

Trump said he would take Gingrich up on the idea and said of the candidate, "It's amazing how well he's doing and how (his campaign is) really resonated with so many people."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57336752-503544/gingrich-kisses-donald-trumps-ring/

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think it would be more appropriate for the candidates to kiss his hairdo.

6. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I don't think Trump has a chin.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I imagine Trump and Newt's conversation going something like ...

"No, I'm the smartest man in the room!"
    "No, I am the smartest man in the room!"

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just ignore the asshole.

Let him talk to the four walls.

Even someone with his stunning lack of self-awareness will get the hint, after a while.

10. Mizzougrad96

People are scared of him and I don't blame them.

He's an evil fuck and the media hangs on his every word. The candidates would rather kiss his ass than deal with the headache..

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I don't think the analogy works, but one could make the argument that as 'activists' Sharpton and Jackson influence a specific voting bloc.

Trump has no constituency but Trump.

12. Mizzougrad96

True, but if you get on Trump's bad side, you'll blink and he'll be bashing you on every TV show in the country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.