1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donaghy: 2002 NBA Playoffs series fixed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zebracoy, Jun 10, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't have an opinion either way about Eric Gregg, but those stats are absloutely worthless unless the pitchers threw the exact same pitches with the same accuracy.

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I'm just satisfied that the spotlight is rightfully on David Stern who for far too long hid behind his players and their so called faults.

The media gave mroe traction to stories surrounding dress codes and other garbage, when Sternco and his mistakes were staring us right in the face all these years.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm 100 percent with Mizzou on this one.

At best, the NBA officials are benignly incompetent. At worst, they're crooked.

I covered the league in the 90s and early 2000s, covering a team with an elite player. You'd be amazed how many calls over the course of the season are just off-the-charts blatantly wrong.

The writers know it too. It's like an openly accepted thing.

Its been going on for years, and hopefully, no matter how trustworthy the source, the Donaghy issue will shed light on it.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Stern was nicknamed Dr. Evil by a current NBA GM. It is a very fitting nickname.

5. Mizzougrad96

Hey, it took Canseco to shed light on steroids in baseball.

Crazy as it is to say, Donaghy is much more credible than Canseco.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hmmm... pretty typical Maddux game (with a couple extra Ks tossed in) vs. the greatest game, by far, of fatso's career.

CMon.

7. Mizzougrad96

I saw the Maloofs press conference over the weekend and they were clearly towing the NBA line, no doubt after being instructed to do so by Dr. Evil.

I hope this scandal brings David Stern down. I don't think it will though, I think most people have forgotten about it already.

It's just fixing the playoffs. It's not like they stole signals or videotaped a practice.

Draft saved Draft deleted