1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don Yaeger Quits Canseco Book

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jan 7, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

No, I mean interesting.

Do you think it's typical?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Heck yea, just like corrections always get a little tiny box.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe Pete Golenbeck has some time on his hands. He and Canseco and diciness would be the perfect storm.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

In Publisher's Weekly, it gets all of two sentences, in their PW Daily (a e-newsletter)

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6517549.html?nid=2286&source=title&rid=

Former SI writer Don Yaeger quits Canseco’s Vindicated Penguin Books project, saying "I’m passing...There’s no meat on the bones." Yaeger was apparently alluding to the fact that "Canseco does not have the goods on Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez"

Everyone will have forgotten about the project by Wednesday and Penguin won't have to publish a dog.

And btw, Penguin announced on New Year's Eve that they were going to publish the book so it didn't take them long to figure out they didn't have a damn thing

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Juiced II: An Oral History Of Who I Think Used Steroids, Or Might Have Used Steroids, Or Probably Didn't Use Steroids But Maybe Did, I Can't Remember, Why Do My Eyes Twitch Like This

Draft saved Draft deleted