1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don Yaeger Quits Canseco Book

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jan 7, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

.....As the Daily News first reported last weekend, former Bash Brother Canseco has finalized a deal to publish "Vindicated" with Penguin Books, with a planned release date to coincide with Opening Day. But former Sports Illustrated associate editor Don Yaeger, who was scheduled to collaborate with Canseco on the book, has passed on the project. Yaeger said Friday that Canseco does not have the goods on Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez that Canseco alluded to in media interviews last month.

"I'm passing," Yaeger told the Daily News. "I had a chance to review the Jose Canseco (material) that he provided me. I don't think there's a book there. I don't know what they're going to do. I don't think he's got what he claims to have, certainly doesn't have what he claims to have on A-Rod.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2008/01/05/2008-01-05_jose_cansecos_sequel_not_as_juiced.html

2. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Re: Don Yeager Quits Canseco Book

Couldn't he just pay off strippers to make up stories again?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If he can find the one from that cover shot last season, I don't think she'll have to make up any stories.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Interesting (to me, anyway) that Canseco's original allegations about ARod's steroid use got a ton of ink, but this story--stating that Canseco has nothing worth writing about--is getting almost no play.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think because it happened at the same time as the build-up to and occasion of Clemens interview, it gets swept under.

Now, if the book comes out, and it's useless, then is the time that this blows up.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Am I the only one that wants to see Canseco's proposal? I bet it has a lot of stick figures. "Alex Rodriguez took steroids." Stick figure with a needle in its arm.

I bet, too, that a lot of the chapters just end suddenly b/c Jose has the attention span of a gnat. "In this chapter I will prove that Alex Rodriguez took steroids. I have docu..."

And I bet the pages are creased and have grease marks b/c Jose was writing as he ate a pizza.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I love that the book is due to come out on Opening Day, and they still can't find anyone to write it.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Since when did Yaeger get religion?

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Religion and realizing something might be a waste of time are two completely different things.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

By interesting, do you mean typical?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Is Lester Munson available to pinch-hit?

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Yaeger is working on a book about the Reggie Bush mess.

Draft saved Draft deleted