1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don Shula + *Unbeaten Pats = Sour Grapes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Here's a thought:

Let's assume the Steelers fall to New England Sunday and the Pats coast through the Jets and Dolphins.
    By the last game of the season, they will have certainly sewn up the No. 1 seed and the coveted first round bye.
    The Giants are up and will likely be fighting for their playoff lives. Which is more important?
    Do you risk Brady, Moss, Walker and others trying to win a meaningless (I say meaningless in terms of playoff position) game and risk injury or do rest the starters and let the chips fall where they may?

On a side note. I won't be to upset if the Steelers lose Sunday. I'll lay a case of beer one the fact if they win this week and play New England in the playoffs, Pittsburgh will get waxed.
    I'd rather the Steelers lose now rather than in the playoffs.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The only thing I would prefer more than the Steelers winning this week? Seeing the Dolphins beat the Patriots.

Draft saved Draft deleted