1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don Shula + *Unbeaten Pats = Sour Grapes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 6, 2007.

1. I can only hope that Turbo didn't mean to sound that stupid.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How about "virtually" all season? That work for you?

3. vecsey

vecsey Member

There are no little quizzes ... only little testes. ;)

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Has that been your experience?

5. Turbo

Turbo Guest

What's stupid about it? They got busted at halftime of the Jets game. A game they won 38-14 against a team they easily would have beaten anyway. The other eight games were presumably won fair and square. So if they go unbeaten, why the asterisk?

I'm no Pats fan, and I'm not excusing what they did. But if you're going to throw an asterisk at them, in needs to be for previous seasons, not this one. Provided, of course, the NFL really did put the kibosh on them taping signals.

6. Turbo

Turbo Guest

7. Simon_Cowbell

8. Turbo

Turbo Guest

Have the Super Bowl wins been tarnished? Absolutely. But if they go undefeated this season (and I hope they don't) no asterisk is needed.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What about the idea that if they cheated once they are more likely to cheat again?

10. What about the idea of proof?

11. Simon_Cowbell

Implicit with the penalty.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tell that to the steroids hysteria crowd, Fenian.

But seriously, if somebody gets caught cheating once, shouldn't we be a little more likely to question them after that?

Of course, it would help if the league front office would stop destroying the evidence, too.

How about the repeated reports of the headsets failing for opposing teams in New England home games?

Draft saved Draft deleted