1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don Imus wants his money

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, May 2, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be celebrating the Nipplegate decision. An aggressive FCC is not good for freedom of expression, which theoretically is not good in the long run for our biz.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Anyone notice that Boomer Esiason's been doing the Imus shift all week?

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Boom and some others were talking about this in the Sports Radio thread, I think

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We try not to take note of any such yahoo, frat-boy nonsense.

5. I'm assuming this is parody.

6. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Or not.

How many coaches of women's NCAA Tournament runner-up teams can be named off-hand by the average sports fan?

The only one I can think of is Vivian Stringer and that's thanks in large part to Imus. If that old man doesn't say something stupid, Stringer's not getting her name out there in late April and so on.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I checked in this morning and it seems to be some sort of seriously unintelligent right-wing radio setup. It is awful.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he should give a mil to Rutgers and then they can name the court after him...

I don't like the guy, but they have to honor his contract...

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Listened for about 10 minutes on the way to the train station yesterday. Mostly Boomer making simplistic new-conservative assertions to set up whoever the right-wing dingbat they've brought in with him. Yesterday he wondered aloud whether Ann Coulter was dating anyone and followed it by opining that "she's hot." I turned off the car radio at that point.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Anyone else find it interesting that the very phrase Imus uttered on the air that riled up everyone and got him fired has been written ad nauseum in print and spoken on TV by anyone talking about Imus' situation ever since? Why are these people allowed to say it over and over? That certainly keeps the phrase in the mainstream instead of it going away anytime soon.

Just my two cents.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that this was very good PR by Imus. He only released certain portions of his contract to the media.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Fuck CBS. As long as Imus didn't violate an FCC regualtion, he was fired without good cause.

Draft saved Draft deleted