1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don Imus wants his money

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, May 2, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And he may just get it. CNN got a copy of his contract, where it states CBS desires him to be controversial and irreverent.

He may not get all $40 million, but Jeff Toobin, CNN's legal analyst, says he's probably going to get paid a good amount.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

As I said before.... you can't give someone glowing yearly reviews and all of a sudden fire that person for the same performance that was reflected on those reviews.

He will get almost every cent of that contract.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He should get the money.

He was doing what they hired him to do.

They should face a penalty in this, too.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And of course this makes CBS look incredibly hypocritical. Put it in the contract, then throw him over when he does what you pay him to do.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Well, "the bastards may have gotten" him, but he does have the last word: a hearty 'Fuck you' on the way out the door with at least $15m or more heading to New Mexico.

Not to bring up old dirt, but Colin Powell's kid and the FCC was on to something when they nailed CBS for Janet's tit showing on national television. If that much rancor can be brought up for a tit showing for a spilt second, then CBS does deserve to get fined for letting their hosts, regardless of who they are, run amok, say and do dumb shit while they sit back with shit-eating grins while the $$$$ are rolling in.

Karma's a bitch, Columbia Broadcasting System. Karma's a bitch.

6. I'd pay him ten bucks never to go on the radio again.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Additionally, Vivian Stringer should sent him a check every month while she's on her new Rutgers deal.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Plus, he's got the likeness suit against the creators of He-Man and Skeletor.

He won't be eating cat food, is all I'm saying.

9. Why did you write that twice, D-3 Fan? Why did you write that twice?

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Checkmate.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Good for Imus, and I don't like him personally.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

More chance for Imus to brag about his charity work.

Based on that alone, I'd call him a scumbag. He'll get most of his cash, since CBS will wanna settle this quick.

Draft saved Draft deleted