1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don Imus settles: Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton replaces him at WFAN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Holy crap.
    THAT guy?
    Proof positive that there is nothing you can say on talk-radio that will end your career.

2. boots

boots New Member

Carton is proof that knowing the right people CAN KEEP YOU EMPLOYED.

3. "Keep it real and get a reaction..."

And to hell with the truth.
    God this would be a better country if talk-radio just went away.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

how long before this piece of crap says something stupid enough to get fired? days? weeks? ??? ??? ???

5. formulacola

formulacola Member

I remember listening to Craig Carton hosting nights on WIP when I was in high school, and he was unbearable. He'd get stuff wrong, was completely obnoxious and had a terribly grating voice.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

I guess HR apologized to him at some point.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

R.I.P. WFAN morning drive

Can't see Imus moving to WABC - Curtis+Kuby seem pretty well set. Also can't see Imus putting up with all the Ads WABC runs.

Based on what I heard in their limited time I would hire Chris Carlon and Kim Jones to do morning drive on WFAN. They were best of summer fill ins that I heard.

Without Imus I've prety much moved on to Baseball This AM on XM with Mark Partrick and Buck Martinez - very informative with good guests.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I'll echo that. Carlon and Jones had a good chemistry. Her travel schedule though, precludes her from doing morning drive. I also think Carl Banks did a good job. I was kind of suprised becuase I thought he would be another jock-turned-broadcaster. but he's honest and brings some personality to his show.

But if WFAN/CBS is so worried about PC and lawsuits, why would they hire Carton?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Carton will blow up, and Boomer will certainly be unwilling/unable to save him. Just what
    WFAN needs now, in morning drive . . . an amateur race-baiter. Nice choice, morons.

10. Boom --
    I heard that baseball show in a rental car I had on the road recently.
    Very good show.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fenian - if you liked that you'll like Charlie Steiner show even more. Its the best baseball show on radio. He gets great guests since he knows the baseball beats in every city. Added bonus is good music he chooses for lead ins.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Oh jeeesh. Nothing like a shot at the Big Schill. I would say as far as accomplishments on the field, Boomer can't carry Schill's jock.

Draft saved Draft deleted