1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don Imus has Prostate Cancer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bagelchick, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow...your opinion is, well, idiotic to say the least. Why add the qualifier? Because I don't like his show. But there's not a thing wrong with saying that, then making it clear that despite that, I hope he gets better.

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

One thing that came from the Rutgers incident was the class shown by Stringer and her crew throughout the affair, their desire to remain above Mr. Imus' hateful words by not offering same in return. I imagine they, as will I, wish Mr. Imus the best in his fight against this insidious disease.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with not liking his show, but again what does the show have to do with Don Imus and his Prostate cancer?

When Bill Clinton had his heart problem I did not say that I hated his presidency but wish him a speedy recovery.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's you and I'm me. Deal with it. And whether it makes your head hurt or not, there was nothing wrong with qualifying my statement the way I did. You just don't like it.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No problem with the fact that you don't like the show. I was merely pointing out the irony of the fact that you were the one asking for a thread were there was "no jerkish behavior", yet your first post got the ball rolling.

6. what the hell is wrong with you people

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If I could avoid saying anything tasteless about Bob Jelenic, I guess I can manage to wish Imus well.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's easy to show class when you're dragging down 1 1/2 mil per year for sustained levels of mediocrity.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I didn't find anything particularly classy about the Rutgers response.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Look, go get laid or get a job. Just find someone else to bug because your game got old a long time ago.

And there was nothing jerkish about what I said to "get the ball rolling."

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe they're better people than you give them credit for.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And you need to quit acting like a drunk frat boy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.