1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I've never known a person to want to shut down a thread about asses and hanky-panky.

Next thing you know, oop will be coming for the Poin files.

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

There you go with the personal attacks again, idiot. You obviously cannot refute the point made so resort to the same mindless troll tactics. I win again!!!!

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Consider this a group intervention, oop. The community is concerned. People want to help.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd fucking wreck that.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You placed a reasonable bet and it came up exactly how you wanted it to. Sorry, I'm not buying what you are trying to sell. If others do, that is their failing.

LTL, I don't want the thread shut down. I want the rule gone or I want it enforced consistently.

I've met Gillibrand. Was never very impressed until I read excerpts from the book. As somebody suggested, it may just be meant as fuel to help her pursue her next job, but I like that she addressed the issue and how she did it.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote this for you, oop:

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What made it a reasonable bet?

Since we didn't even know exactly what year it happened, I couldn't have even known which party controlled the Senate at the time.

Unless you think Dems are more likely to be sexual harassers, I'm not sure why you think I was assuming it would be a Dem who made the vulgar comment.

8. outofplace

Your posting history would tell me exactly that, YF. You are a GOP cheerleader.

That said, she's a Democrat. It was reasonable to think other members of her party would be more comfortable with her, thus more likely to make inappropriate statements, so it was worth it for you to take that shot.

9. outofplace

Is that your way of admitting to your consistency in jumping on the pile in these situations? I hope so. Maybe you will learn something about yourself.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm surprised OOP isn't demanding more proof that Inouye made the comment.

We're talking about a Medal of Honor recipient.

He doesn't get the OOP defense, but Ryan Fucking Braun does? That's just sad.

11. outofplace

First reasonable point you've made all day. Of course, you didn't care that the only evidence comes from "people with knowledge of the situation" as long as you got to point a finger at a Democrat.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

World against Oop again. It's all so unfair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.