1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sexual harassment in the the ultimate boys club:

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand has been called a “honey badger” and “porky” by an array of slobs in the hallowed halls of the House and Senate, but the New York Democrat has laughed off the sexist slights and pushed back at her boorish colleagues.

In a new interview with People magazine to promote her new book, “Off the Sidelines,” Gillibrand recounts one incident when she was once working out in the House gym during renovations of the women’s facility.

“Good thing you’re working out, because you wouldn’t want to get porky!” one of her older male colleagues said. Her response: “Thanks, a—hole,” she said in an excerpt from her book.

An unidentified southern congressman once held the former upstate House member’s arm while walking her down the chamber’s center aisle. “You know, Kirsten, you’re even pretty when you’re fat,” he told her.

http://bit.ly/1vStfn3

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in the timing of the book. These things don't usually come out unless she has her eyes on a bigger job.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw her a couple of years ago working voters at the Fairway on the upper west side of NY. She was pretty beefy, but she is such a handsome woman that I will attest to the fact that fat or skinny, she is still a looker. Which fits in perfectly with a corollary of a rule I discovered in college: If a woman is named Kirsten, there is approximately an 87.3 percent chance she will be good looking. Too bad none of this has any bearing on what a muppet she is as a Senator. She was bought and paid for by Goldman Sachs. As far as I know, they didn't pay extra for the bigger version of her.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dead Democrat outed as the harasser.

Only in the world of politics can you be an accused rapist, sexually harass a fellow senator, and still be called one of her, "favorite older members of the Senate."

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York caused a commotion this month when she revealed in a memoir how her male colleagues felt free to comment rather vividly on her weight. The senator came under pressure to reveal the names of the perpetrators, but declined, setting off a guessing game in Washington.

Probably the most egregious incident was when a senior senator squeezed her waist and told her: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby!”

It turns out the senator was the late Daniel K. Inouye of Hawaii, the decorated veteran and civil rights hero, according to people with knowledge of the incident.

With his deep baritone and courtly manner, Mr. Inouye was revered by his colleagues and was a powerhouse in both Hawaii and the Senate, where he was a reliable supporter of women’s rights.

But in an all but forgotten chapter of his career, the senator had been accused of sexual misconduct: In 1992, his hairdresser said that Mr. Inouye had forced her to have sex with him.

Her accusations exploded into a campaign issue that year, and one Hawaii state senator announced that she had heard from nine other women who said they had been sexually harassed by Mr. Inouye. But the women did not want to go forward with their claims.

A spokesman for Ms. Gillibrand would neither confirm nor deny that Mr. Inouye was the unnamed senator in the incident. Ms. Gillibrand in her book described the senator only as “one of my favorite older members of the Senate.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2014/09/22/?entry=86

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How convenient.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The Ravens should take the cue, come out today and blame everything on Art Modell. Problem solved.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Can't be. The book said that The Senator in question was right handed.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The bigger the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Had never heard of her but gotta agree with Ragu, she's a looker.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't know if that is good or bad. I mean who wants to get stuck in quicksand.

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Yeah, but with quicksand you ease out a little and then it pulls you back in. So that's not a bad thing altogether.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It was a long time ago, before the emergence of the thigh gap.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

"Hey, yo, fat girl... come here, are you ticklish?"

"Uh, the chair recognizes Sen. Hump."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.