1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dolphins writer, Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Idaho, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Pickle Juice and/or Flipper, your time has come

http://journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=685284

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Whoever is covering Florida for the Orlando Sentinel should get this job.

3. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

This is for the No. 2 spot. Greg Bedard has been promoted to the No. 1 writer.

4. Are you just throwing this out there or do you know something?

5. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

Maybe he's just saying it because the fact that the last two people to get this job have been Florida beat writers at the Orlando Sentinel.

6. And I was just asking because my good buddy covers Florida for the Sentinel, and I hadn't heard that from him.

7. Running Bear

Running Bear Member

Well, whoever gets it, it's a great gig. Look at the last couple of writers they had on that beat.

Archer went to the Dallas Morning News to cover the Cowboys.

Schad went to ESPN to cover college football.

Darlington went to the Herald to cover the Dolphins.

And who knows where Bedard could be in a year or so if he continues the tradition. If you're a young writer and want to cover the NFL, get your stuff in now.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bedard has been in Palm Beach for awhile, I know he was a finalist for the Jacksonville job, but needless to say this is a better, albeit much tougher job.

I'm guessing Bedard will be there for awhile.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Getting very tough to buy a house in SoFla, even on what the Post is probably paying him.

10. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

It's interesting that former teammates Bedard and Darlington now will be rather fierce competitors. I wonder how/if their personal relationship changed.

Did Bedard do strictly backup Dolphins in his stint as the No. 2 guy on the beat? Or were there other assignments tossed his way? The ad mentions other things as year-round beats, but I wonder if there was any spillover toward backup reporters on this or another major beat.

11. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Pretty sure just about every reporter at The Post chipped in when the Heat were on their championship run, and there might be a few other spillovers, but I wouldn't think the backup guy will be doing too much more than Dolphins.

12. sheos

sheos Member

that happens all the time - it's part of the game. "nothing personal, strictly business"

Draft saved Draft deleted