1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dolphins writer--Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Left_Coast, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

The job description says NFL experience is prefered, but not required, so I'm sure the resumes will be flowing on this one.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Don't kid yourself... NFL experience is required... You don't replace Jason Cole with someone who is covering the NFL for the first time...

3. I do O.K.

In my experience though, the cynical ass-hole types that rip any and everything - well, they're not very well liked (I know...i'm sure you don't care). I think all kinds of things about some of my peers, but I wouldn't say anything about them that I wouldn't say to their face. So instead of ripping people, I choose to keep my mouth shut. Is that hard to understand?

4. hoopsfan27

hoopsfan27 New Member

I didn't say he's not highly thought of, because he is. He's a good writer, I'll give him that. Unfortunately, covering the NFL as a beat writer has little to do with writing.

A good beat writer is a good beat writer, regardless of what sport you're covering. Plus, with the way the Dolphins are now under Saban, it's less about who you know rather than how hard you work it. That is not any easy beat to cover under that communist regime.

5. As opposed to someone who's nearing 10,000 posts on an anonymous Internet board?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, it's better than the people who register for the sole purpose of ripping somebody.

7. Pickle_Juice

Pickle_Juice Member

Thats debatable.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pickle Juice is online right now!

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
    It's about time.
    Alright, PJ, you have the floor.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

That's not the real Pickle_Juice...Pickle_Juice had an underline. This person is a FRAUD!

11. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ....

12. Grey

Grey Member

i don't believe age to be THE underlying factor, but i think being older can help when trying to relate to coaches and, in the pros, the players, a bit better.

that said, there are some darned talented young guns out there and jeff is one of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted