1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dolphins writer--Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Left_Coast, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Grey

Grey Member

nice talent and class act, that darlington. know he's got major experience, but boy, he is young.

2. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

What does youth have to do with anything? If you're good, you're good (and Jeff is pretty good).

3. hoopsfan27

hoopsfan27 New Member

It's not that Darlington's young, he's just overrated. Let's just say he didn't light the world on fire in Palm Beach his first year away from the comforts of covering his alma mater. More than a few down there question his work ethic. He's nowhere near ready to replace a reporter like Cole.

4. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the anonymous hater with one post arrives!

What took you so long?

5. Exactly. Why flame the guy?

6. hoopsfan27

hoopsfan27 New Member

Why pump up a guy?

The canonization that goes on around here, by people who purport to be "in the know" but aren't, really goes overboard sometimes.

If you're going to pump your boy, you better be ready for the other side, too.

7. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

I agree with HoopsFan. You have to take the good and the bad. But with that said, I think Darlington is a worthy candidate for the job and will probably receive serious consideration.

8. I'm not pumping up anyone. I don't know him or his work well enough. But my mama told me if you don't have anything nice to say...

9. GridScribe

GridScribe New Member

Funny, my momma always told me to tell the truth and speak my mind.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Gotta love someone who uses his first two posts to rip a kid... ::)

Get a fucking life...

11. hoopsfan27

hoopsfan27 New Member

Hate, you must be some journalist then if you live by that creedo.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Darlington is overrated or not thought highly of, why would the Herald even interview him?

Draft saved Draft deleted