1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dolphins worst NFL team ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SF_Express, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm going to send you an online 3rd-grade reading comprehension program for Kwanzaa.

christ

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is that what you were doing while waiting over a day to respond to that post? Good. Glad you are finally seeking help.

I understood what you were trying to say just fine. I just saw it for the bullshit that it is.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

If the Dolphins run the table, the throne (in the bus station) is theirs.

But the 1980 Saints are in the discussion.

They went 1-15, winning in the next to last week 21-20 over the Jets at Shea.

They gave up 487 points, scored 291. Their leading rusher had 366 yards. Archie got sacked 41 times. Erxlaben actually kicked field goals for a while (going 1 for 4 from 30-39 yards). They gave up nearly 200 yards per game rushing.

And, of course, they spawned the late Buddy Diliberto doing TV stories on them wearing a paper bag.

4. outofplace

Who was the leading rusher? Guido Merkens? Hokie Gajan?

(I know Merkens was a quarterback who played some receiver and Gajan wasn't a Saint yet in 1980. I just love those names. And Hokie was a heck of a fullback before he blew out his knee.)

5. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

The immortal Jimmy Rogers, who was with the Saints from '80-'84. Running back from Oklahoma.

Guido was still with Bum with the Oilers.

Bum was once quoted as saying as long as he was the coach, Guido had a job.

Which led us to one thought.

Dude must've had pictures.

6. outofplace

Hah. I can just imagine Bum saying that. I never could figure out what Merkens was doing on an NFL roster.

Draft saved Draft deleted