1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dolphins GM asked Dez Bryant unbelievable question at combine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 28, 2010.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i am far from a dolphins defender here. gawd knows the miami hierarchy is capable of sinking to all kinds of lows.

however, i don't understand why bryant is believed by so many to be a credible witness at all. i don't consider either side of this issue to be entirely credible, in the least.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As noted above, thank god both men have a long history of telling the truth or this would be hard to sort out.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have no thoughts on the credibility of Dez Bryant.

I do know that the Dolphins confirm that the question was asked, so he told the truth there. And I don't find the Dolphins' alleged explanation for the question to be remotely plausible, particularly when it was leaked by "sources" several days after the story broke.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe Dez said his dad was "The Gimp"

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Apparently Ireland asked the wrong question. If only he had asked Dez if his mom was still selling crack:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5159981&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Unrelated, but did anyone else find "ESPN has learned," followed in the next graph by a quote from Fanhouse.com, amazing? I think they actually don't think people will associate "fanhouse.com" with AOL.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing 'ESPN has learned' refers to this later graf in a poorly constructed story:

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The story was about to go away. Was it really worthwhile for the Dolphins to leak the thing to SI (if, in fact, they're the sources)?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Agreed that is one horrendously written story. They buried the lede badly.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What is this post referring to?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

DB My dad is a pimp
    JI What does your mom do
    DB She works for my dad
    JI Is she a prostitute
    DB No she is Director of Sales for Crack division of Bryant Enterprises.

Draft saved Draft deleted