1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dolphins begin purge of the useless...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 11, 2008.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

I'd give 40 percent of the blame to Saban, 40 percent to Spielman and 20 percent to Mueller.
    I give Saban credit for Ronnie Brown and Mueller credit for Saetele, we'll see about Beck and Ginn.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm going with 27.

3. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Who would be out there in terms of free agent or tradeable QBs this off-season? I wouldn't think Beck or Lemon is in their plans as a starter right now anyway.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

No. 1 pick for Derek Anderson (sign and trade) and KII.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The illegal one that should've drawn a penalty and a fine, but got neither.

It's a shame, too. He was as productive as anybody during his stretch with KC. If the Chiefs could've produced a defense that was paper mache, at least, they might have made some noise. Instead, one point-filled playoff loss to the Colts is all they have to show for it.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Panthers said bye-bye to Dan Morgan yesterday. He's not a bad spare part to decide what to do with later.

And a quick word on Saban's recklessly built Dolphins -- does the name Dan Wilkinson ring a bell? That jerk actually thought this guy had something left.

7. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

A joke, right?

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

Jay Glazer reporting that Zach Thomas is going to be cut.
    Thanks for the memories Zach.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I still don't understand why the Dolphins passed on Quinn in favor to Ted Ginn Jr.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And Zach comes full circle with the moment he got Jack Del Rio cut 11 1/2 years ago.

What a great, down-to-earth guy he is.

I hope he isn't permanently fucked up from this past year.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Not really. KII and DA are both talking about bigger contracts. Are the Browns ready to pony up and pay both?
    Miami's already made it clear it's ready to get rid of that No. 1 pick. Throw in some cash and maybe another player or two and I could see something like that happened.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Is KII supposed to stand for Winslow?

Draft saved Draft deleted