1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dolly Parton injured in car accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Absolutely one of the greatest. And one of the smartest.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

If her car rolled over the hill and into the creek below and she floated to the top --- would people start singing "Islands in the stream....."

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Somehow she emerged from this train wreck unscathed, though.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Thought that was going to be a link to "Rhinestone."

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Can we go off on a tagent about what a self indulgent piece of shit Madonna is? About how her core audience was nothing but tweens, wanna-be MILFs flaming queers and their hags. Audiences that damned nothing more than flash and and an acknowledgment. That King, Mitchell, Lynn and Dolly are writers and singers, Madonna is a performer, and well compensated but that doesn't equate to substance. Apparently, Madonna has bullied her way to getting song co- writing and writing credits by adding some words or a lines to someone else's work.

Be well Dolly.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The highlight of my old career bird-dogging celebs was the three days I spent aboard her tour bus as we crossed Canada.

Thanks to some family connections, I already knew so many stories about her that I figured I already "knew" her.

Well, it turns out, I did. And you know what? If you've watched her on Leno or any other talk show, or if you've seen her sing one song on TV, then you know her, too. She is the most authentic, and most lovable, and most fun person -- celebrity or not -- I've ever met. But she's also very, very smart. Like Steve Jobs smart. Which is why she has an enormous financial fortune that, I kid you know, is Oprah-esque.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Yeah, Oprah can't afford to look that cheap.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Did you call the cops?

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

Fire Department.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Even Comedy Central's "Drunk History" segment made her awesome.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

it's a term of endearment! Or haven't you ever been in a YMCA?

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I think Madonna is a genius. ... The way she changed with the times, no matter the time, for 20+ years, she's fantastic. So I disagree there.

Draft saved Draft deleted