1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

doggie out at WFAN; fat man stays

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Aug 14, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

He was also going to be nicer after he mocked Cory Lidle two days before he piloted his plane into a Manhattan high-rise.

2. I listened to about 2 1/2 hours of Francessa today and thought he was terrific. He was humble, genuine and seemed honestly emotional about the whole thing. He said he & Russo wanted to do a farewell show but management nixed the idea. He let callers go on far longer than on a normal show, and he seemed genuinely moved by their words. It was great radio.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And, now . . .

As Michael gently eases Kay out of the room, after lying to her face with a straight face, he powwows with some of the boys, they kiss his ring, and
    things return to what passes as normal . . .

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . not to mention that Mushnick in Saturday's NYP is spot-on.

He's a prejudiced witness, I know, but we were thinking many of the same thoughts . . .

5. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Ben, I agree wholeheartedly that Mushnick did the best job this morning. He described Francesa's arrogance perfectly as he usually does.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

yup, spot-on take from phil, seeing through franny's b.s. for the arrogance it was:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08162008/sports/sportsshorts/dog_gone__mike_a_real_blowhard_124716.htm

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes sir Phil is usual is dead on. Francesa is a blowhard. You can now stick a fork in 'FAN.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

francesa a master politician. puts his toe in the water, knows that he won the battle. doggie bows out. mike takes the "high" road, knowing it's what his fanbois wanna hear. only tears dropped by him are of the crocodile variety.

9. Boom_70

Every time I see Francesa speak I am reminded of "Big Mouth Billy Bass"

Francesa:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=66Zj70IVOHc

Billy Bass:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVXfCbos-o

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Line of the year:

Good gosh, if you didn't know better, if you didn't hear Chris Russo on the phone line, 25 minutes into the show, you'd have thought that he died despite Francesa's heroic attempt to save him by calling 912 (after poisoning him).

Friggin awesome. One of those lines I wish I'd written.

11. Boom_70

The funny thing about Francesa is that it's indisputable that he is a blowhard.

12. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

both had no talent. zero. st. johns and rollins alum, not exactly a petri dish of brains. If not for the sports media explosion of the 80's fatso would be flipping pizzas in long beach - heck, give him some credit, might even be a parter by now ready to open a new place, and Russo - rich spoiled kid from CT who played division 3 tennis at Rollins (can you say 4 yr vacation? yeah, thanks dad)...russo?...I have no idea what he would be doing, maybe dialing for stocks?

Draft saved Draft deleted