1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

doggie out at WFAN; fat man stays

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Aug 14, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-sprusso0815,0,4065290.story

2. interesting. was watching this afternoon on yes and was wondering where chris was, even though they had that big photo of him behind francesca.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

he's on vacay. now a permanent vacay, i guess.

can't believe they plan on the fat prick flying solo. he's unlistenable, imo. they both are when alone. not that great when together anymore, either.

francesa needs a sidekick, though. or non-sirius folks like me will have to listen to espn radio, which ain't no thrill, either.

4. kay's show is not bad, imo. at least there's some saving grace.

i actually didn't mind dog's saturday morning show when he did it solo. francesca on his own, not so much.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

How Russo has lasted 20 years in New York radio... and I heard him when he was on WMCA - is a mystery Stephen Hawking couldn't figure out.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Pure ego on Fatso's part. For whatever reason, he felt the need to prove that he can do it without Russo.

Bad job by Mike there.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

And Fatcesa is getting a contract extension (and a raise, I'm sure)

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh my Lord. I'd hate to hear your definition of bad. A rat-cat orgy with Roseanne Barr singing, maybe?

Do completely agree, though, that Francesa on his own is fucking awful. Russo is tolerable on his own, I look forward to seeing him completely kicking Fatty's ass and proving he's the real brains behind the operation (as damning with faint praise as that is)

Neil Best has owned this story, BTW.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

In 18 months, Chris Russo's picture is on a milk carton.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, he'll be on XM/Sirius, or whatever they're are going to call the merged rip-you-off-to-listen satellite radio.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you have XM/Sirius/whatever, it means you never have to listen to Fatty (or Michael Kay) again.

As others have said: People once thought no one would pay for cable, or to rent movies.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Given that I never listen to radio at home and maybe listen to at most two hours a week in the car (probably considerably less) I will never pay for radio.

Draft saved Draft deleted