1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog Shoots Man

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mayfly, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

After this I think I would give up hunting if I ever hunted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/news/story?id=3086588

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Was it Dick Cheney's hunting dog?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That the Good Dog thread is directly below this makes me laugh.

4. It's funny. When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was a takeoff of Man Bites Dog and wondered what the thread was going to be about - I never throught it would actually be about a dog shooting a man.

5. KG

KG Active Member

Doggie paws can pose all kinds of dangers. :) Mine steps on my feet all the time because he's so attached to me that he can't give me a little bit of space. He also has his dork moments where he has tripped while running up the steps. I can totally picture him accidentally doing something like this dog, so I guess it's a good thing I won't keep guns out unless they are in my hand.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

We had this one recently. A man, some bees, a snake and a gun:

http://www.sunherald.com/201/story/172913.html

7. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

In all seriousness, I've been pheasant and quail hunting, where you do a lot of walking and some climbing over fences, and you always -- AAAAAAAAAAAAALWAYS!!! - unload your shells from your shotgun when climbing over a fence.
    Anything else is the equivalent of pouring gas all over yourself and walking into a burning house. You're just begging for trouble.
    And this got it.

Draft saved Draft deleted