1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog issue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Feb 5, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hardly.

If the dog is too much for the family, find it an appropriate home. People do it all the time.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

If you're a looking for a fight tonight, pathetitard, you're out of luck. I have better things to do.

The guy never should have gotten the dog if he wasn't willing to put the time and effort into training the dog. Dogs don't train themselves. Why don't you get that?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sometimes you can put all the time and effort in and get no results.

No problem at all w/finding the dog a new home. It's a dog.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, I'm disagreeing with your judgemental bullshit. But of course, if somebody dares to disagree with you, it is immediate cause for name-calling and a fight.

Again, we're not at the beginning. Your lecture about what he should have done then does not help. But you don't really want to help. You want to rip people.

5. I don't see anything wrong with finding a dog a better home.

I don't think it's necessarily printdust's fault that he can't get the dog to behave. All dogs are different.

I had several dogs growing up. We never had any problems except for this Jack Russell terrier that was hell on earth. Tore up the house, so we put him in the barn. Figured out how to get out of the barn so we put him in a pen. Dug out of the pen. Oh, and he had been through training.

My mom kept trying to control him until he finally dug himself out of a pen one last time and ran in front of an Isuzu.

If you can't control him, take him to someone who can. There's nothing wrong with that.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Flash. Go fuck yourself, or grow up. Your choice.

Dog training involves potty training, for most. Stay off the furniture, for most. I've never had a dog that is like this one - or the Jack Russell that was mentioned.

But shit. You're the expert. I bet you have some pit bulls.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm as big, and knowledgeable, a dog person as you'll ever meet. And printdust, if you think training means potty training and staying off the couch, you don't know as much as you think you do.

But I will say that just like people, some dogs are simply no damn good -- or at least no good for a domestic situation. It's not their fault, it's not for a lack of love from their owners, they're just wired that way.

It's like people who think pit bulls are just misunderstood. They're not. They're bred and genetically hardwired to have certain behavioral traits, and people who are surprised when their pit reaches sexual maturity and starts trying to kill every dog it sees are morons. Go to your local animal shelter -- there's a reason two-third of the dogs there are pit bulls.

When you get a dog like this, the best thing you can do for them is find them a good home. Printdust, if you have someone willing to take this dog who has the ability (space, etc.) to let him be who who he is, do it, even over your family's objections. They might not understand now, but with perspective they will.

Draft saved Draft deleted