1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog issue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

We can give them weed to mellow them out a bit. Would that help?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What's the respectful way to treat yourself after a night of making whoopie with IJAG?

Hey-O!

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

jeez.... didn't mean to kill the thread...

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Enter the dog into a couple of fights. If it loses, you're golden. If it's victorious, you can afford the training.

It's a win-win.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

The 15-year-old dog issue is one thing (one of ours will be facing the declining stage soon), but the training of the aggressive one is quite another. It's possible the dog is evil, although highly doubtful. You owe it to the animal and your family to find a couple of hundred bucks for an off-site training program.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Best post in the thread.

Angola, I'm sure your heart is breaking at the thought of having to put your dog down. I don't look forward to the day I have to consider such a decision.

Printdust, if you don't have the time or the money to train a dog, don't get a dog. You made a commitment to that dog. Own up to it.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Printdust could have a movie screening for his daughter....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I'll train him.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Amazing how people jump to judge here, knowing only what printdust has told us about the dog. Hell, people jumped on Angola, too, before hearing the entire situation.

This animal is apparently chasing neighborhood kids. We don't really know just how threatening the dog is. Is the problem partially printdust's fault for letting the dog get that way? Most likely. But he has to deal with the situation now and it sounds very much to me like he has bigger problems to handle in his life.

Not to mention the small chance that this dog is just nuts. I grew up around dogs. We had them my whole life and my parents knew how to train them. Then we got a female Doberman. She was just nuts. Literally, something was wrong with her. My parents hoped she would calm down when she grew up, but it wasn't happening. My brother and I were fairly small and this was a Doberman, so my parents finally decided they had to protect us first and gave her away.

We found a breeder to take her, somebody who been around Dobermans all his life. He managed to calm her down a little (I'm sure being around little kids in my house didn't help), and bred her. Big mistake. She killed the entire litter and turned on the owner. The vet he took her to found out she had some swelling in her brain and wasn't going to get any better, so they put her down.

I understand the guy asked for opinions, but perhaps slightly more open minds might be in order.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yeah, stop offering opinions when they're solicited, and stop basing those opinions on the information provided by the person soliciting the opinions!

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Apparently some of us can't tell the difference between offering an opinion and condemning the guy.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Take it easy. Just joshing.

Draft saved Draft deleted