1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog issue

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Feb 5, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'd live in a cardboard box before I'd kill my dog over a pet deposit. But then again I like dogs more than people.

2. printdust

printdust New Member

Our dog (one of two we have, the other a docile small dog) has already been picked up by the pound. The second offense is $200. The neighbors hate him and he doesn't mean any harm, but I'd feel the same about any loose dog chasing my little kids or crapping my yard.

The fence is not mine to fix; it was that way and we are living with a bent rule on a no-pets agreement anyway. They gave us that flexibility but wouldn't make an improvement based on an animal.

So the next pound pick up is not going to cost me $200. I'd rather find him a home, but it may cost me my family. Wife just said "I think I'm going to get some antidepressants. This is horrible."

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was talking to Angola. Your issues are different. Some dogs are square pegs in round holes. If your dog is frightening neighborhood children that's a whole different story.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

Well, it certainly isn't a disregard for my dog. Hell, I teared up a while ago looking at him. He's a hell of a frisbee catcher. The best of him is very very good and the worst of him is a nightmare.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

1. A burlap sack
    2. 2-3 bricks
    3. A bridge over deep water

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yeah...but he's still got the dog to worry about.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dude, that's not even funny.
    tho nice save by Chef.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's an old joke at hondo's expense. He once said it about cats, and was serious.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No disrespect, printdust, but I think you've got to 'man up' here. The 8-year-old daughter will find other reasons to hate you in the future, rest assured. And the wife will get over it. You've described more than enough property destruction to justify getting rid of an animal.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know those felines, Doc. Bred and sent here by Bin Laden himself.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

That's just hondo being___________________________.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

is the answer "killing kittens?"

Draft saved Draft deleted