1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog Day Afternoon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Watching this for the very first time now. Unbelievable movie. I can't believe how far ahead of its time it is. The first half hour is hysterical.

Chide me if you want, but I seriously didn't know they made movies like this in the early 70s. I knew they made quality movies back then - All the President's Men and the Godfathers are among my all-time favorites - but I've never seen a 70s movie do dark humor so well.

The third robber walking out, Sonny trying to buy his boyfriend a sex change, the sassy head clerk.

The Coen Brothers wish they made this movie.

2. I don't have netflix, but I'll make sure to see it.

3. The 70s is my favorite decade for movies.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

And hair?

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

"Give me a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick....I'm in a god-damn hurry!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. [​IMG]

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

As good a time as any to mention again:

John Cazale. Five movies. Godfather I and II. Dog Day Afternoon. Deer HUnter. The Conversation. Engaged to marry a young Meryl Streep, who threatened to leave Deer Hunter if Cazale had been removed due to failing health.

As Sam Kinison said about JFK:

"The man lived!! The man fucking lived!!!!l!! Oh! OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

8. Cazale.

Didn't know he was engaged to Streep.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yes, Cazale.

Dammit. Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted