1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog craps on plane, forces emergency landing...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I went to grade school with people who would train service dogs, I think it was assumed they were seeing-eye dogs. I think it was through 4H and they would bring the dogs to school once in awhile so the dog would be able to practice being in a room with several people. Usually, the dog would just lie down and was perfectly behaved.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It was always within the first week or two she got a new dog that they'd misbehave. After she had a little time to train them they were amazing.

3. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Homeland Security really needs to investigate this. That culprit had every bit as much facial hair as the average Islamic freedom fighter.

4. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

There was a thread a few years back about rich people hiring handicapped people to skip the line at Disney World.

But, some service dogs serve people with epilepsy and other non-visible handicaps that have more credibility than anxiety. Anxiety is real, don't get me wrong, but I don't feel it rises to the level of needing a service dog. If going to O'Charlies gets you that upset, stop going to O'Charlies.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

This is where I fall in line. I've seen some amazing stories of service dogs that can detect low blood sugar, heart problems and other issues. But anxiety is pushing it a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted