1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog craps on plane, forces emergency landing...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I' m sick and tired of these muthafucking dog shit, on a plane!

2. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Legally, any breed of dog can be a service dog as I understand it. I looked into this when a man at the next table at a restaurant brought a little dog in who occasionally put his paws on my leg and sniffed at the table. They can't be turned away, and the owner doesn't have to say what the dog's service purpose is.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

What's the harm in getting a little taste of truffles? And I am interested in the service the dog was providing as well, though I don't think it's fair to assume the owner didn't have a valid reason to have a service dog. Though this is the first I've heard that people actually abuse the notion of a service dog. And I have seen many breeds of service dogs, though it seems labs and shepherds are the most common.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Service dogs for anxiety is the latest trend. I think that's what most people are assuming was the case here since the woman showed no sign of being disabled.

Lots of people have anxiety about flying. Most of them get drunk or take prescription drugs. That seems more acceptable than carrying a 70-pound dog on to a plane.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if that is the case, then I'd be pissed if I was on that flight. I know there are service dogs these days for more than just the blind and handicapped, but I'd never heard of such a thing as a service dog for anxiety.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not to be snippy here, but I haven't come across that in reading about this. Is it really the case that the woman showed no signs? Or is it simply that there's been no mention of her actual disability?

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I haven't read anything other than the original post story, but it is possible to be disabled without outwardly appearing to be, as well.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Why is it so wrong to ask why someone is fucked up enough to need a dog?

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

So blind or handicapped people are "fucked up"? Duly noted. We have no idea what this service dog's purpose was.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, Chris Law WAS on the plane, so maybe you guys are right.

Chris Law @ChrisLaw

People that use there pets under the guise of "service dogs" who aren't may be the worst ppl on earth. She & pooch just did walk of shame

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yeah, being callous, but if you are ambiguously fucked up, you should have to at least declare what the dog is for, to the airline.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't trust anyone who can't use "there" properly.

Draft saved Draft deleted