1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dog beer?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Jan 22, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pet shop owner creates beer for dogs

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - After a long day hunting, there's nothing like wrapping your paw around a cold bottle of beer. So Terrie Berenden, a pet shop owner in the southern Dutch town of Zelhem, created a beer for her Weimaraners made from beef extract and malt.

"Once a year we go to Austria to hunt with our dogs, and at the end of the day we sit on the verandah and drink a beer. So we thought, my dog also has earned it," she said.

Berenden consigned a local brewery to make and bottle the nonalcoholic beer, branded as Kwispelbier. It was introduced to the market last week and advertised it as "a beer for your best friend."

"Kwispel" is the Dutch word for wagging a tail.

The beer is fit for human consumption, Berenden said. But at euro1.65 ($2.14) a bottle, it's about four times more expensive than a Heineken.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Please don't show this to Paris Hilton.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Two questions:
    1. Why is dog beer four times more expensive than regular beer?
    B. Why would anyone pay four times as much for dog beer when dogs love regular beer?

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

They have to pay my endorsement deal?

5. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Ray Kinsella: So what do you want?
    Terence Mann: I want them to stop looking to me for answers, begging me to speak again, write again, be a leader. I want them to start thinking for themselves. I want my privacy.
    Ray Kinsella: No, I mean, what do you WANT?
    [Gestures to the concession stand they're in front of]
    Terence Mann: Oh. Dog and a beer.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Here's good dog beer:

[​IMG]

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Spuds McKenzie ... Alex from Stroh's ... they won't leave my dog alone with that medina ...

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Leinenpoodle's a good brand.

Draft saved Draft deleted