1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doesn't eat guy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, May 10, 2010.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Does every office have an employee who never eats in front of other people?

I've worked with at least two of the guys. Never eats at his desk or in the breakroom, never goes out with the group for lunch and doesn't even take a piece of cake, pie or pizza when it's in the office.

I even made dinner plans with one of the guys. We left for an assignment a couple hours early so I could take him to one of my favorite places. When we got there, he told me he had already eaten before I picked him up.

What's with these people and what odd quirks do you or your co-workers have?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Vampire?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about the yogi who doesn't eat or drink, and hasn't for 70 years.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,592544,00.html

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

MTM, it's none of our business what your eating preferences are.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

:D :D :D

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Having a guy that doesn't eat in the newsroom may be a good thing.

This is one of those stories that's too fucking unbelievable to make up. Back when I was covering local news, the sports guys at the paper I was at used to split a pack of Oreos, which is normal or at least can be on all accounts. The weird thing is, though, the one guy would crack open the Oreos and lick out the filling. The other guy then ate the Oreos.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm that guy who doesn't eat in front of people in an office atmosphere.

I have no problem eating in public with groups of people like in a restaurant, but I don't like eating alone in front of people when I'm isolated at a single desk or alone at a table. I get a "naked" feeling. One of my many quirks. People in the newsroom think I'm a jerk/anti-social because I don't eat when there are luncheons or parties. Instead, it's just one of my many neuroses.

But invite me to lunch at a restaurant and I eat like a normal human being.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There are people in my office I WISH wouldn't eat in public: gulping, grunting, belching, slobbering, burping, drooling, etc etc.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

You shouldn't be talking about yourself like that, starman.

10. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

THAT is just fucking gross.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wish I had not read that anecdote.
    Please don't share next time.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Then I won't mention the "double stuffed" incident.

Draft saved Draft deleted