1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your iPod overplay songs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Haven't really noticed my iPod overplaying songs but after I have synched and my shuffle has restarted I will notice that it will focus on one or two artists and play more of their songs than usual. This time around it was Sinatra and Metallica. Go figger....

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

My "number of plays" count has always been completely screwed. If I look at my supposed top 10 most played, it's mostly stuff I never listen to. It will say I've listened to some obscure song 300 times when I've actually heard it maybe twice.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My iTunes shows a particular fondness for "Stand Back" from Fleetwood Mac's Atlanta stop on the Say You Will tour.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

This is a little off topic, but what the hell ...

If I had to buy one, which I should I choose: iPod Classic 80GB (I've heard bad things about this generation's click wheel) or iPod Touch 32 GB?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I had a Two for Tuesday the other day where it played back-to-back songs by the same artist six times in a row.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think it's strictly an issue of how much size you're going to need. I have an 80 gig that's nearly full, so the 32 gig touch wouldn't work.

And really, while the Touch is impressive as hell I don't know that there's really all that much added there to make it worth the money. I use my iPod to listen to music and occasionally podcasts, so the space is much more important than the Touch gizmos.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have an 80GB Classic ... and it's fabulous. Not had any issues with the click wheel, but then again, I wouldn't really know if it sucked or not anyway.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

More Than A Feeling by Boston. Not that I'm complaining though.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I found the shuffle leading off with the same songs a lot, so I took care of it -- with playlists.

I made playlists for any occasion. Separate albums are playlists. My best 40 songs (out of 720) are a playlist. My 40 hardest-rocking songs are a playlist (you know; David Cassidy, 1910 Fruitgum Company, like that. ;))

It's a bit much to manually pick the songs you want to hear. It's not too much to pick a playlist.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Geez Shottie I'd hate to hear your easy-going shit. :D

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

For some reason, my keeps playing songs off of Pete Yorn's Nightcrawler a lot. I've got it set to play random, but it keeps bringing that one up more.

Hell, sometimes a song comes up and I had forgotten it was on there, it plays so little. Oh well.

And Yummy, yummy, yummy, is a great song, but very dirty. I think it's funny we sang it a lot as kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted