1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your iPod overplay songs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've had my iPod for about a month and I love it. I've noticed something though ...

It tends to overplay certain songs. I have something like 1,300 songs ripped on to it so far, but when I put it on random, it tends to pick the same ones.

It particularly loves "Game Of Pricks" by Guided By Voices, "Dazz" by Brick (the cool long version), "Once You Get It" by B.T. Express, "Reflections Of Charlie Brown" by Rupert's People, "Moondance" by Van Morrision and "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy" by Ohio Express which is shockingly the most played song on my iTunes.

Ever notice your iPod favoring songs? I know it's coincidence, just strikes me as odd.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Anyone who has "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy" on their iPod deserves to be punished by having it play repeatedly.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Thank god, I thought it was just me. It says I have 1300 songs on my nano, but it will play the same one like three times before I get to others. But it all counts. It will be like "18 of 1300" and 274 of 1300 and 420 of 1300. So I don't know why it would count it three separate times...but it does.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I believe if you shuffle your songs on there, they will play less frequently. I also believe that the iPod is programmed to play the songs you like more, like iTunes.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

It's not an iPod, but my mp3 player loves it some Cheeseburger in Paradise.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Blasphemy! The song might be 100 percent bubblegum with totally inane lyrics, but it rocks. A lot of bubblegum does.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I read something about this a few years ago. When you have it on shuffle, it's not supposed to play a song more than once -- and supposedly it doesn't. I don't know if that's true or not since I usually listen to one of my playlists. But each time you hit click on Shuffle Songs, the rotation starts over again.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not a fan of shuffle. I like to hear an entire album front to back. Occassionally, I'll thumb thru the artists and see what singles strike my fancy, but usually I want to hear something start to finish.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I figured you were still using a Walkman.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I still use a discman. I love it.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I would if I could just get a fucking cassette on which to dub the new Dokken!

Draft saved Draft deleted