1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does this sound like a scam?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Nov 23, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Or even better -- tell him OK and give a fake address, like for a school, tell him to show up on a Saturday, then go stake it out and watch hilarity ensue.

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

I had a similar email response when I posted on Craig's list for a roommate. They said something like "Hello, I would like to move in to your room so please withdraw the advert, I will make sure you get a check from one of my clients before I move in." I sent an email asking if they'd like to see the room first, and asked straight up if they were scamming me. I never heard back from em after that.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The lack of spaces alarm me a bit. Usually the junk mail I get from Yahoo! has a fucked-up font or spacing style, and they're all scams.

4. AWESOME. post of the year

5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

so i will not be able to buy tanning bed from you.i is greatly sad.i is looking for other tanning bed.you bad man batman.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Tell them you are the daughter of a deposed foreign minister and need to move the tanning bed to an offshore account, and you just need a deposit to prove their trustworthiness in this endeavor.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Jan de Bont couldn't make a bigger plot hole.

Edit: Capitalization of "de"

8. Total scam.

But if somebody offers to make your penis larger - jump all over that shit.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

A Nigerian needs a tanning bed?

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

They aren't asking you for money, or to part with the good before the check clears.

I wouldn't overthink this one.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Maybe it was for that famed African-American, Teresa Heinz Kerry.

Draft saved Draft deleted