1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does this mean I'm old?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 13, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Take and post pictures. That's an order!!!

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

About 4-5 years ago, I went out to my mailbox and my issue of Rolling Stone had arrived. It had two very attractive women on the cover.

I don't claim to be anything resembling hip, but I do follow entertainment, I'm a movie buff, I watch a ton of TV, I read entertainment magazines...

I had no idea who either of the women were. It wasn't a case of not being familiar with their music/TV show/movie, I simply had no idea who they were. I'd never heard of them.

It was Blake Lively and Leighton Meester from Gossip Girl. Obviously, Lively has since been in movies I've seen, but that was one of those strange, "wow, this is what is supposed to be cool and it's not even remotely on my radar."

3. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, as a parent there are some network shows that if they're on while my kids are still awake I feel the need to sprint to the TV to make sure they don't see any of it... That's mostly for shows like Two Broke Girls, Two and a Half Men, the evening news, any procedural that could show the body of a dead child before the opening credits roll...

4. Mizzougrad96

Hearing Pearl Jam on the classic rock station.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I probably shouldn't do that, but my Facebook friends could probably find them. :)

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

This reminds me of some spots on the Military Channel I saw in the middle of the night recently.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Also, this does not mean you're old.

You're turkey neck means you're old.

This just means you're a prude.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You spelled "flabby, baggy and saggy" wrong.

I like nice bosoms as much as anybody.

Anna Kendrick gets two thumbs up (and more) from me. Scarlett Johannson is also very nicely equipped. (Both, incidentally, beat the flaming living hell out of Katy Perry's rapidly drooping fleshbags.)

However, neither of them, although they hardly hide their attributes from public view, constantly shove their honkers into the lens of every single camera within eyeshot.

What has always ticked me off about Katy Perry is that ever since the moment she boob-burst into public consciousness, her marketing attack has been completely based on one thing (well, two things): tits. All Tits, All The Time.

And, sad to say ..... they've Never. Really. Been. That. Good.

And they're getting worse.

It's not that I don't like tits -- I just like to maintain high standards.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

If I am 75 and getting pussy, I am not going to complain too much about what her tits look like.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

They're fatty soft tissue, Star Man.
    They're supposed to subject themselves to Newton's Laws after 30 or 40 years on this planet.
    Katy Perry and women like her realized that their orbs are fashion accessories, albeit finite, that go with anything.
    And usually maximize earning potential.
    (edit- fixed for subject-verb agreement :)

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Thank you, Walt. I was just going to leave this alone, but I am glad you chimed in.

Heaven forbid we teach young people to have a moral compass. I'll be the first to go on record as saying oral sex is a good thing, but I don't feel we need to encourage youngsters to think it's OK to have a free for all at it. Society has been eroding, and the results are evident. I am afraid we have passed the point of no return.

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

1. If I were a single man, I'd work really hard to be Jake_Taylor's new friend.
    2. I realized I wasn't a kid anymore -- not old, but not a kid -- when I realized the last two guys who played Superman are younger than me.

Draft saved Draft deleted