1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does this mean I'm old?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 13, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The finger banging talk was on Conan. And Conan still airs at 11:30 p.m. Right?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Conan's on TBS. People cuss on there all the time. They did busts for the first people to drop the F-bomb on the show.

Cable is different than broadcast. Just is.

3. Don't think of it as old.
    Think of it as seasoned .... And surly.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know. I shouldn't be surprised by it. That's why my reaction brought me to start the thread.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Personally, I find a lot of what's on SportsJournalists.com shocking.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I was watching "Mom" the other night -- why, I don't know, because it is a rancid wretched show -- and Anna Faris was telling her mom (Allison Janney) about a date she had. He was well-read, polite, "and when he took his pants off, you could play horseshoes on that thing." But then she was not proud of her behavior on the date because she met him at 9:00 "and by 12:00 my feet were behind my ears." The mom character, a grandma by now in truth, was wondering why that was bad.

I believe that's the time slot that Family Ties and Growing Pains used to occupy.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

In comparison, 22 years ago, Madonna put out the "Sex" book which, at the time, was considered extremely shocking.

Happens with every generation.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When I started covering the NBA, I was younger than most of the players on the mostly veteran team I covered. Now, dammit, I'm older than most of the coaches.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My wife's sister looks like Katy Perry. They have a cousin who could pass for Anna Kendrick. Guess what I'll be thinking about next Christmas.

10. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Just a small sampling of things that happened in 1994. Which was 20 years ago. 20!

The Lion King was released
    OJ Simpson killed his wife
    Forrest Gump was released
    Friends and ER debuted
    Michael Jackson married Lisa Marie
    Kurt Cobain committed suicide
    The baseball strike

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

To answer the original question, the other day I was reading a review of The Lego Movie. The writer noted similarities to Toy Story and pointed out it was released 19 years ago.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Television home shopping features a show dedicated to sex toys, and has for quite a while.

There are TV commercials for vibrators and sex lube.

Draft saved Draft deleted