1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does this mean I'm old?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 13, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, I stumbled upon a video clip of Anna Kendrick on Conan from Jan. 28. She's talking about the Grammy's and suddenly tells him that Katy Perry finger banged her cleavage and my first reaction was to be surprised that she actually said that on television.

At least I'm not too old to appreciate the imagery, but I remember when there was no way in hell you would hear something like that on TV and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

Got me to thinking. I know we have a good mix of ages on here. What are some moments that made you feel old?

Here's the link on Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/29/anna-kendrick-katy-perry_n_4687815.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003&ir=Comedy

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Hey, knock yourself out, OOP:

[​IMG]

Anna Kendrick Gets Groped Again
    By Katy Perry After Her Finger-Bang Sesh
    At The Grammys! See Her Boob Obsession HERE!

http://perezhilton.com/2014-02-11-anna-kendrick-groped-again-boob-squeeze-breast-grab-katy-perry-finger-bang-cleavage

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I never want to be so old that my eyebrows don't arch and my lips don't pull back into a Jack Nicholson-like grin when I read something like this. Yowza.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Better not let Star Man hear about this, yo.
    He is greatly angered by Katy Perry's ample bosom.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When you are older than the Wimbledon champion, Miss America, the police officer who gives you a ticket, your doctor, and I figure The President.

6. outofplace

I'm still younger than the last two, so that makes me feel better. That's a pretty good list for the topic.

Riptide, I saw that one, too. I was just more surprised by the casual use of the phrase "finger banged" on Conan than I was by the groping. Of course, I approve of both. It's just a matter of remembering when people couldn't get away with nearly as much on television.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

While the thought of it is quite stirring, no this shouldn't be something discussed and applauded on TV. People's values have completely fallen off the table. Young people celebrating the likes of Bieber and Cyrus makes me cringe.

On Tuesday, I was waiting in the lobby at my dentist. On TV, there was some afternoon talk show where the host was discussing whether it was OK to give oral sex early in a relationship because it wasn't really like you were having sex. "Why marry the pig when you can get the sausage for free" was one of the things said. There were several kids in the room. I finally told the receptionist she needed to change the channel because it wasn't appropriate.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Oh my stars, the things the youths are getting into these days just give me the vapors! *faints*

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Joke all you want.
    As my pop told me, someday you'll be my age, Fart.
    "If you're lucky."

10. outofplace

Depends how old the kids were. I certainly wouldn't want my 10-year-old to hear a discussion of oral sex.

The good thing is she knows enough to realize she wants to be nothing like Miley Cyrus now, though she was once a big Hannah Montana fan. Her fifth grade class recently had a DARE graduation and it was interesting to hear the kids make fun of Bieber and Cyrus. Of course, they were also clever enough to be playing that up in a room full of parents, teachers, their school principal, police officers and town officials.

That said, she loves Katy Perry and Anna Kendrick, so if she hasn't already heard about the groping and finger banging, I'm guessing she will.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Make sure your kids don't listen to any of that crazy rock and roll from that Elvis Presley. Did you see the way he moves his hips? Just disgusting.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The barometer for me is that, I believe, there are five players in the NBA left older than me. I hope Juwan Howard makes a roster when he's 51.

The sign for me is that, over the last three years, I've received more of my job opportunities from news managers who are my age or a little younger. That's new to me and a little different as I was in college at 17, graduated at 21 and a full-time sports anchor at 22.

But... "17 has turned 35". Or, in my case, a few years older than that.

Draft saved Draft deleted