1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does this look like Subway to you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jun 4, 2009.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Look, if someone doesn't bang an intern pretty soon, this thread is gonna run out of gas.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Did I mention these are high school girls?

Outing alert: Zeke12 is RKelly.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No just the bitchwork. Typing up stuff. Writing stories for the people who are on vacation/furloughs.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If they were filling in for management, the interns could be deciding who gets the ax next, what unfilled position to freeze, etc.

Mustang: Excuse me, perhaps nobody reviewed the employee handbook with you, but the newsroom dress code on page 152 specifically says lip rings can't be worn during your work shift.
    Intern: Mustang, I'm afraid we have to let you go.

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Just walk up to the intern and say, "Hey skippy, not only did you select a profession that is getting harder and harder to break into every day, but you are making your first impression by showing up to work with two lip rings. Now you can do what you want, but take a quick check around the office and count the lip rings being worn by other staffers. If your count -- excluding yourself -- is more than zero, than keep the things. If you can't find another one, than you might want to rethink the poor decision.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If they're typing up briefs and making phone calls, who gives a shit?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I remember when it was impossible to find an intern unwilling to type briefs.

I call it "2003."

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

They did it, and they did it well.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Our interns don't know the difference between their nose and their ears. Thus, they get confused on where to put the rings. And, uh, that qualifies them for management training.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, fuck you Mustang!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Last year we had two female interns. One insisted on wearing cut-out and low-cut tank tops that showed off her very vibrant tattoos on her back and shoulders. Her attire prompted a memo to the whole department to reconsider what one is wearing into the office.

Draft saved Draft deleted