1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the election spell the end of FOX News dominance

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by heyabbott, Nov 11, 2006.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Uh, Colmes is NOT ALLOWED to debate Hannity.

Any time Colmes challenges a stance taken by Hannity it must be done through whatever guest they have on. Fox will allow no "Sean, you ignorant slut" moments that might embarrass its conservative star.

And there you have Fox's idea of "debate" and how their idea of a conservative who can do as he pleases and a neutered liberal = "fair and balanced."

And let's talk about Fox's "experts."

Ann Coulter
    Oliver North
    Michelle Malkin
    And so on.

These people are not presented as "right wing columnist Michelle Malkin."

They are presented as "Fox News contributor Michelle Malkin", which gives the appearance that they are addressing the issue from an "expert" or "unbiased" view.

O'Reilly had Malkin on as an "expert" to talk about Air America.

She's neither a media expert, nor is she objective in her views on Air America.

But this is the wool that Fox pulls over the eyes of its viewers.

Every damn night.

2. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I am finally sleeping well at night knowing that a demo Congress will fix everything over the next two years, and they won't have to waste their time bashing and blaming Bush at every turn. With Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, Ted kennedy and that old Murtha doofus leading the way, the mess in Iraq will be cleaned up overnight, the taliban will be wiped from the face of the earth, Osama will be captured and executed, gas will go back down to $1.20 a gallon, cancer will be cured, pollution will be done away with and Howard Dean will get a brain. Thank God (I can still say that, right?) for the Dems and liberals. We are saved!!!!!

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's 2:15 a.m.

Glad to hear you're "finally sleeping well at night."
    ::) ::)

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

hecht:
    whenever the angry, profane, arrogant dems/libs go off on conservatives, saying they are "intolerant" and "mean-spirited," among myriad other things, they are themselves being exactly what they blame others of being. it really gets old.

5. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

I don't think we were electing new viewers and voting on what they should watch, were we? I just voted for politicians.

The number of people prone to watch Fox is the exact same as it was two weeks ago. But it likely will grow, not shrink because people are drawn to shows that vent (as Fox will turn into) as opposed to shows that preach to a choir (as Fox had done).

6. Somebody feed our new troll some ipecac?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, all political media based on opinion gain more readers/viewers when their side is in opposition than when in power. These last six years have been good for The Nation if not the nation.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So it's the righties are the true good Americans? Instead of being hypocritical like lefties by saying they're for diversity and tolerance when they most certainly are not, the righties just come out and say, we're narrow minded bigots and will oppress you to get what we want. True Americans, honest, forthright and hardworking.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I better get to work on that script. Sounds too good to be true, so it better be handled by Hollywood.

10. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

saying you are "intolerant" is not the same as you calling me a "cut and run coward" or "unpatriotic". saying you are "mean-spirited" is not the same as you calling me a "baby killer" or "godless". my support of stem cell research is not the same as rush limbaugh accusing michael j. fox of faking his parkinson's symptoms. my support of gay rights is not the same as christian evangelicals saying i will go to hell for doing so. if you can't see the difference you are, like the president, in a "State of Denial". gee, i guess you didn't notice the results last tuesday.

11. Brain of J

Brain of J Member

Not that this isn't a good topic, but, what, exactly does it have to do with sports journalism?

Oh, and people who claim fox news isn't overwhelmingly conservative are people who go along with the ideology.
    Fox news is a success just because of that, they support people's ideology. I don't think now because the democrats control the senate, the millions of conservative Fox News viewers are going to suddenly change their beliefs.

12. You got just as many idiots on the liberal side with Michael Moore hoping for America to lose the war and calling Americans idiots and Jessie Jackson's antisemitism and people who think that Bush caused 9/11.

Draft saved Draft deleted