1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the A-Rod admission give Lance Armstrong the chance to admit his use?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Completely agree. One has nothing to do with the other. This is just a dumb thread.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

The devil will never admit to his sins. Armstrong is part of the evil empire and is part of a master plan to destroy the human race.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Very well played. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Because A-Rod admitted to PED use, Anna Kournikova is currently "cleaning under my computer desk"

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

The biggest difference is A-Rod tested positive. Armstrong never tested positive with a credible result. He tested positive in 99 for a cortizoid for which he produced an exemption form. Whether or not it was post-dated is another debate. L'Equipe released that story in 05 about how some samples from 99 were retested and had EPO in them. That was debunked in court because they were six year old piss samples a French lab proved to be lacking in chain of custody protocol had magically linked anonymous samples to Armstrong.

That having been said ... let's just say I believe he won seven Tours in a level playing field which means he was still the strongest rider. "Clean" is a subjective word in this instance. People like to throw stones at cycling being the "dirtiest" sport in the world, but that's only because cycling is trying to clean up 100+ years of culture. PEDs in cycling go back to the very beginning. In the earliest days riders would take a concoction of brandy and strychnine actually thinking that thinning their blood was good. From there, they moved on to cocaine and amphetamines before steroids then EPO, HGH and now CERA became the elixir of choice.

I've heard of guys, scratch that, dumb asses who have used or attempted to obtain EPO for the sole purpose of winning the weekly Wednesday night race to the county line and back. I've also heard of guys using roids in Rec league softball.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

A-Rod's admission doesn't even make it safe for Michael Phelps to admit that he Hoovered a bong.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The answer to your questions are no and no, but I understand why you feel that way.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No. No. Inductive fallacy of faulty generalization.

Draft saved Draft deleted