1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the A-Rod admission give Lance Armstrong the chance to admit his use?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 9, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

In the whole area of PED's, the real question is going to be what actually constitutes 'using.'

There's so much out there, so much more sophisticated than the testing and so-called doping experts can track. We've got high schools worrying about kids drinking Muscle Milk because it could trigger a hormone that could trigger a positive test...and meanwhile, in secret labs, the real experts are creating drugs and chemicals so advanced and sophisticated that it will take years before the testers even understand what they should be testing for.

So did Lance take anything they could have tested for? Probably not. Was there something else involved? Will we ever know? Probably not. We're past the era of 'loosy goosy' in the clubhouse.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I expect Chris to delete that post by 11 p.m. EST. :D

3. Just for the record - I still pop wood to bumpy car rides. Mr Happy is an over-active guy who makes it hard (no pun intended) for me to wear any shorts less than knee length in public. I look at A-Rod and I think about orange - orange makes me think about oranges and then that makes me think about how hot Anita Bryant was back in the day and how I'd make her not just for breakfast anymore. Bamm - wood.

[​IMG]

A-Rod makes it OK for me to admit this.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Glad I could provide a laugh.

What I meant by the last point was that A-Rod was one of, if not THE, best baseball player of the past decade. And yet, now it's proven that many of his achievements are the result of PED use.

Isn't it now safe to say that ALL of the I-can't-believe-that-guy-did-that-amazing-thing in sports over the past decade are the result of illegal PED use?

In other words, if that record is amazing, isn't it now safe to say it --regardless of what IT is -- is the result of PED use?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I still don't understand where you're going with A-Rod being caught relating to Lance Armstrong admitting anything.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

...and I don't think it's safe to say that "now it's proven that many of his achievements are the result of PED use" either.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

may not be proven, but you have to the nost naive person in the world to believe he didn't. Cycling is the dirtiest sport in the world.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Well, not really, no.

He was pretty good before the PED use, too, assuming the time frame is accurate.

No.

Not at all. Not even close.

To me, the A-Rod just shows one thing: people need to knock it off with all of the "Guys like Bonds really spoil it for ______, because we know ______ is clean." Because we don't know at all, and the vast majority of guys who used PEDs do not turn into Bluto.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I believe the comment was directed at A-Rod, not Armstrong...

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

My apologies.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

And thank goodness for that.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I was thinking more this:

[​IMG]

But yeah, point taken.