1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Service Not Mean What I Think It Means?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, May 29, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So a friend of mine was on her way to work today when she gets a flat tire. Luckily, so she thought, she was right across the street from a gas station so she pulled in and gets ready to start changing it.

The problem isn't that she doesn't know how to change the tire. She does. The problem is that she's very, very small. The top of her head doesn't even pass my shoulder. She may barely be over 100 pounds. Hence, getting the nuts off so she can get the tire off the car is the hardest part. So she walks inside and asks someone at this EXXON station if someone can help her change it. Not change it for her. Just help her. The guy says they "aren't that kind of service center." Somewhat incredulous, she asks if there's someone nice enough to help her anyway. "We aren't nice, either," said the man.

Eventually some customers helped her. But before she was back on the way out, the douchebag inside even asked her to hurry up and move her car. Some "service" center.

This girl is one of the nicest, sweetest personalities you'll ever come across. Fucking amazing.
  2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That is absolutely pathetic. I mean what's happened to basic human decency? I'm glad somebody eventually helped her.
  3. Maybe she should try being more attractive!

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She'll be reporting to corporate headquarters that the guy told her they aren't nice, correct?
  5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That ain't a problem either!
  6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Gas stations and service stations are different. If there weren't bays it's not a service station. If it was a gas station with like a store, and the person was working alone, they probably couldn't stop minding the store to help.

If none of those situations are true, then they're just douches.
  7. I can add only two things here!
    And the attendant must have been gay or over 70.
  8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If it's an independently owned station, they aren't gonna do much.
  9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Bricks through the window should work well, eh?
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Clark:How much do we owe?

Mechanic: How much you got?

Clark: C'mon, seriously. How much do we owe?

Mechanic: [waving a wrench] I said all of it, boy.

Clark: What does your sheriff think of your business practices?

[Mechanic laughs and shows his sheriff's badge.]
  11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You know what the real tragedy is? I'm not even supposed to be here today.
  12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

But of savages in that town.
Draft saved Draft deleted