1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Rubin have a problem?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by didntdoit19, Jul 27, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Rubin is still covering the Mets.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Poor guy.

3. It could be worse. Pirates beat writer?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nats beat writer?

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I agree; I think this is a huge, huge distinction, and I'm not convinced that Rubin was doing the latter. If he was, then yes, it's a major no-no.

But are we sure that's what he was doing? I haven't heard anybody claim that except Omar, and I don't think he's credible enough right now to take him at his word.

Others disagree.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Minaya apologized privately and publicly today but ONLY for calling out Rubin in public and otherwise stuck with his story. Like I said earlier, it's a he said-he said situation and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Maybe more will come out? It will be interesting to see if Rubin is OK with the limited apology.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm just sayin' that companies don't always look favorably on an employee so arduously plotting an exit strategy via his beat. Not saying Adam isn't right to have a backup play.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The thing is, you don't have to believe Omar. Even if you just go on what Rubin has said, his behavior raises questions at the very least. It doesn't sound like this was a topic that just happened to come up in casual conversation, it appears that Rubin went to Wilpon and solicited his advice and/or help. Who knows what Wilpon might ask for in exchange for the career counseling, and who knows what Rubin might agree to give in exchange for Wilpon putting in a good word for him with, say, the Cardinals' front office? Those are the kinds of questions that Rubin has opened himself up to.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Are you kidding? What's going on there is a fascinating story. If you're a writer, you should love it. If you're a fan, you shouldn't sit in the press box.

10. Tomorrow is Adam's last day at the Daily News. He's moving to ESPN New York.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Reuben seems pretty happy to me
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted